Friday, March 2, 2012

Miffed With the List

So of course the blog sphere is humming with posts about the Academy Awards on Sunday, but who can ignore Award Season?? And while yours truly wasn’t able to watch the red carpet or the awards live because I have bills to pay, the first thing I did when I got home was jump online to check out the highlights and, of course, the best and worst dress list.
One of my favorite news sources is the Huffington Post and Sunday night their giant headlines were all about the Oscars. Yet when I took a look at their best and worst dress list I was surprised at some of their worst picks. Certainly some of the stunning starlets weren’t among the best dressed, but they better deserved a slap on the wrist than a slap in the face.
For instance, Gwyneth Paltrow is usually the darling of the fashion world. Yet this Sunday found her in an unfavorable ranking.
The cape might be a little much, however it’s an elegant and chic silhouette by Tom Ford and the white color draws out the warmth in her skin tone beautifully. Together with the sleek hair-do and minimal adornment, she presented a beautifully simple, modern elegance on the carpet.
The other pick I disagreed with was the lovely Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli.
XOXO,
TRAX

By Emilie Radigan

No comments:

Post a Comment